Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday or start of Black Month?

I know "they" call it Black Friday because supposedly it's when those corporations get out of the red ink into the black. But I call it the start of Black Month as it's gloomy and dreadful being on the road from now til Xmas and all for the support of stores that otherwise do not like you. They only want your money and the credit card companies want you to go into debt - deep debt- between now and December 24th....

Me? Unless absolutely necessary, like food for me or my pets - I try very hard to avoid stores from now til early January....but I hate shipping to begin with...and do as much as possible online from places like REI and Amazon...where I can find what I need or want at a discounted price....

As my son always reminds me, I am not like everyone else - so if you are out there and enjoying the mob scenes and sales - that's great! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy - but do not go overboard into debt : - )

No comments: