Monday, January 07, 2008

Primaries 2008

I don't have a real favorite this year nd honestly - wold be fine with whoever wins the Democratic nomination.

Each nominee has some very good points and each has something that bothers me - but at least I feel I could get behind the ultimate winner.

Given this - I am enjoying watching the processes at work on both sides but more so enjoying the repug side.

Isn't it fun watching them try to out gun, out migrant workers, out Guantanamo, out war, out flip-flop, out conservative and out religious each other. Watching the repug debates is good theater - bad politics - but good theater. The larger repug community is very unhappy with Huckabee winning Iowa - so much so that a top repug would not even mention Huckabee's name : - ). [ahhhhhh...you repugs finally got what you asked for in the last two cycles - so remember - be careful what you wish for because you just might get it]

The Dems are arguing over what change means - that's okay - it's not a sexy argument and doesn't engage me like the repug arguments.

Tomorrow is New Hampshire's day and then the candidates have to run around several states before February -

As a political junkie, I can't wait to see what new high comedy arises after New Hampshire.. for people like me, this is a great season. And I get the football play offs at the same time!

No comments: